First of all, I would like to thank Novus Lectio who kindly nominated This Door is Alarmed for this award. She is a very well read writer, with a history of first class posts. She presents a nimbly versatile blog, including but not limited to the tranquil nemesis of enquiry in her ‘inspiring’ snapshots, images demonstrating her unique style as an artist, and wonderful real-life stories. Check out her blog here!
The rules are:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award logo.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger sets you.
- Nominate blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let your nominees know about their nomination!
Novus Lectio’s Questions:
Finnish the sentence “happiness is….”? As languages fascinate me, I saw this question to mean something else entirely. The typo additional ‘n’ in the word ‘Finnish’, plus the capitalisation for the start of the sentence, causes the word Finnish to refer to the language of Finland, so I have ‘Finnished’ the sentence by translating it: suomalainen lause … onni on.
If you could change your name what would it be? My name originates in the name of the first book I truly fell in love with She by H. Rider Haggard. It was a powerful first love for a book from a tender pre-decade age, so, I guess my answer would be, I couldn’t change my name 🙂
How do you like your eggs cooked? Without Salmonella, and otherwise, caprice takes the moment.
Would you like to live 27 000 BC? I am not as well read as I would like to be on human history, although I did learn Anglo Saxon at one point in my life (which is much later than 27,000BC), and surprisingly, it has been handy since—in specific spheres. My answer would be: would love to visit, would hate to stay. The internet has created a comely existence for introverts such as myself, and being without it would be paramount to actioning my answer in question 8.
Mayo or Ketchup? Ketchup.
If the world was to end in 24h what would you do? A hugely complex question, leading into a minefield of ifs and buts I have never felt the need to strategize. Every contemplation on the matter leads me into whitewash. I like to think I would bullet point the end of my blog story, before cuddling up with loved ones and beloved feline friends to enjoy what was left. Wow, dark…
Thriller or Adventure movies? I have never been drawn to the white-knuckle smokescreen that is thriller movies, most of all they draw macabre nightmares into potential existence, which is not welcome in the huggy-go-happy world of She. Therefore, adventure, if given the choice, would be my answer.
If you can chose your death, would you rather drown, shot, or frozen? I would climb Everest and make camp in the death zone to be eternally preserved. I would take an ironing board and carry out some extreme ironing near expiry, just for the giggle-factor (plus, it might be handy for the crevasses!)
Do you believe in UFO? An issue of great controversy. I will remain on the tightrope, a UFO-agnostic, if you like, until I have reason to believe otherwise.
If you’ve ever kidnapped by aliens, will you tell the world? Absolutely! The story would face a scepticism impasse, and no doubt a hoard of conspiracy theorists, but if nothing else, at least it would make excellent fiction.
How hateful is hate? The word hate seems to be found ubiquitously, but I do not think it is an absolute. You do not either hate or love, there is an infinite scale, in my opinion. I do not use the word often for this ambiguous quality, so I suppose, my answer would be—it is subjective.
These are my questions for my nominees:
- What is your favourite thing beginning with the letter ‘s’?
- What is your quirk?
- Of the blogs you follow, which is your favourite and why (please leave a reference to their site)?
- What five things do you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
- If I was reading a book, with you as the main character, how would the author describe you?
- What do you wish you could change about yourself?
- Which one famous person (real or fictional) would you like to meet and what would say or ask?
- If you could have a super-power, what would it be?
- What are you most proud of?
- What is one key thing blogging has taught you?
- What question do you wish I had asked you and what is the answer?
The blogs nominated are (I will select nominees I have not previously chosen, so the circle of awardees does not eddy and stagnate):