This Door is Alarmed was nominated for this blog by my cherished friend Novus Lectio . She is a very well read writer, with a curious mind for investigation. She presents a nimbly versatile blog, which includes a tranquil nemesis of enquiry in her ‘inspiring’ snapshots, images demonstrating her unique style as an artist, and wonderful real-life stories. I recommend a trip when you are passing through!
Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
Share seven things about yourself.
Nominate 7 other bloggers and inform them
Seven things about myself:
- As many of you know, I do a lot of travelling. During these travels, I have experienced some interesting modes of transport: I have travelled by husky sledge, learned to drive reindeers, snowmobiles, mopeds and water buffalo. I have driven on the left side of the road and the right. I have manned the wheel of boats and desert buggies and quad bikes, and I have travelled down a part of the Mekong River in a tiny Reepicheep-style conical boat with a bamboo paddle. A tribesman squatted in there with me singing guttural tunes and teaching me how they fish for crabs with string whilst making headdresses out of reeds. Oh, and did I mention I am really not fond of driving.
- I took a campervan to the arctic during winter last year. The darkness only just lifted for three hours a day and all our equipment stopped working after only ten seconds in the cold.
- I really want a puppet! Preferably a big parrot in bright colours.
- I once licked the top of the Tower of Pisa in Rome to claim it as my own.
- I used to think my dad lived a double life as the man in The Sooty and Sweep show. They looked like two peas in a pod back then, true doppelgängers. I am still not convinced there isn’t a mass deception going on.
- I give my cars personalities and names. My current car is a pretty little Fiat 500 with a beautiful white, retro interior. I imagine she is happy and yappy like a terrier, so I named her Yippy, and I imagine she barks territorially whenever she passes another Fiat 500 on the road.
- I cannot help but weigh every possible outcome when I am asked to make a decision, all the potential repercussions and people’s feelings that may be affected, and am left standing silent like a numpty as I cogitate all potential conclusions. Even after a lengthy wait, and one hundred-and-one considerations, I still manage to get it wrong half the time. “Don’t be reactive, be proactive”, someone once told me, so now I carry a dice in my pocket to help me make difficult decisions XD XD Do you think I got the wrong end of the stick? J XD
These are non-obligation nominations; entirely voluntary, entirely for fun, and there is absolutely no time limit for completion if you wish to take part: